- 1. Email– Stop thinking that you you have to answer every tweet, read every tweet; and when you miss some tweets, stop feeling like your twitter inbox is full. Imagine Twitter as a River and Not as a Lake… Twitter is not email!
- 2. A Chat-room– Don’t think you and your friends can have an open stream of conversations that last 15-20 tweets, take that stuff to DM… Twitter is not a chat-room!
- 3. A Porn Site– Take your soft porn and bikini profile pics somewhere else, everyone knows that you just cropped the pics from the web and you really aren’t impressing anyone and don’t get me started on the vulgar spam pics popping up on tweeps follwing list… Twitter is not a porn site!
- 4. Your Personal Address Book– If you think that you have to personally know everyone that you follow or follows you, you are missing the point of Twitter. You don’t have to personally know all of your tweeps; however you can make some great friendships and connections… Twitter is not your personal address book!
- 5. The Barney Show– Don’t feel like you have to sing the “Barney Song” with everyone in the Twitterworld: “I follow you, you follow me… we are one big happy twamily, with a great big follow from me to you, won’t you say I’ll follow you to.” You can reciprocate follows if you want to, especially if they seem interesting, seem like someone you want to connect with, a celebrity you like, add value to the conversation, have similar interests/backgrounds, are not spammers etc. Don’t feel obligated to follow-back anybody and everybody, keyword “Obligated”… Twitter is not The Barney Show!
- 6. A Courtroom: Just because you have a contrarian opinion about something someone tweeted, doesn’t mean they are going get into a courtroom debate with you in the Twitterworld. They tweet and you comment, or you tweet and they comment and it stops there. Don’t try to round up all of your @ buddies to get your back in some kind of debate. Twitter Is not A Courtroom!
- 7. Facebook: There are many similarities between Twitter and Facebook and many people even have Facebook and Twitter linked together; however they are different they are not one in the same. They do different things, and people are divided about which one they prefer. Twitter is simple and easy and Facebook is not. Facebook is making a bunch of cha’ ching and Twitter is not… Yet! Although they both may be from Arkansas and are kissing cousins. Twitter is not Facebook!
There are so many things that Twitter Is… and even more things that Twitter Is Not! Share your thoughts on any of these 7 Things Twitter Is Not and add some additional things to the Twitter Is Not list.
Twitter is a place to re-tweet stuff that you like… If you liked this post please re-tweet! Thx