I know there are some varying opinions about texting and utilizing social media during church. I actually use my YouVersion Bible app. on my iPhone during church and I have also been known to Twitter during a church experience/service.
I think individuals should Twitter while they are in church and here are 5 Reasons Why.
5 Reasons To Twitter During Church
- 1. You have the opportunity to be a real-time extension of your pastor’s voice while he/she is communicating God’s word.
- 2. If the pastor shares something that moves you, inspires you or changes your life; there is a good chance it will have the same impact on the lives of your followers as well.
- 3. When Jesus said: Go into all the world and preach the Gospel… “All The World” applies to the Internet world, as well as the TwitterWorld. Do your part by going into all the TwitterWorld, tweeting the Good News.
- 4. You will have a stored database of your compelling thoughts and notes, from your favorite sermons.
- 5. You can spare a couple of minutes of (SAD) Sermon Attention Deficit during most sermons. It’s better use of your time Twittering great thoughts than drawing on the back of offering envelopes.
God’s Omnipresence applies to Twitter as well… Get Your Tweet On!
Should people Twitter in Church? Why or Why Not? Add to this list, share your thoughts!