Those of you that follow my blog and Twitter stream know that I’m a huge proponent of twitter. A Couple of days ago I shared a post entitled “70 Reasons People Follow You On Twitter” and it received alot of views and retweets… how many is alot; well like my son used to say, “A whole big bunch.” There were a couple of primary reasons that people follow you, #1 was being interesting and another at the top of the list was authenticity. I thought I would take a stab at authenticity and give you the opportunity to be authentic as well, by adding to this Confessions Of A Twitterer Post.
Here We Go:
- I think some Twitter profile pics are weird!
- The Porn people on Twitter really irritate me.
- I have an auto Welcome DM response on my account that reads: #FistBump to ya’ Thanks For Following My Random Tweets/Random Life. FYI-My random blog is http://bigisthenewsmall.com
- I’m encouraged when people send DM’s and @replies saying my tweets positively impact their life.
- I have met people on Twitter and as a result we have met in real life.
- I think it’s ridiculous and laughable when someone that has 19k less followers than me sends me a DM telling me how to get more followers. I don’t like silly DM’s.
- I have a search column on Tweetdeck for ScottWilliams.
- Most of my tweets are 120 characters or less to leave room to be re-tweeted.
- I view Twitter as part of my ministry.
- Many people ask me where I come up with my quotes… I wish I had a profound answer; however 9 times out of 10 I make em’ up in a few seconds.
- I set up Twitter accounts over a year ago for my wife @Lakendria and my two sons ages 6 and 10. My wife uses hers and the boys don’t… Yet!
- I’ve gotten caught stretching the truth on my exact location… “I’ll tell @LaKendria I’m almost in the neighborhood and forget that I just tweeted: Just leaving the office.”
- I consider retweets to be one of the biggest forms of a Twitter compliment.
- I don’t digg the fake This Is God & This Is Jesus Tweeps; however I do know that God is Omnipresent and that includes Twitter!
- I believe the Twitter community is as legitimate as any or maybe even the most legitimate social media community.
- I don’t follow many people that don’t follow me… Sorry Celebrity Tweeps!
- I pray for people on Twitter.
- Several people have stated that me following them makes them nervous, because I’m a Pastor.
- I might be a Twitteraholic!
- I’m not a robot… I’ve been asked that question; now you understand what I mean by silly DM!
I could go on and on; however I want you to share your confessions! I’ll add some more to the comment section or I’m sure I’ll agree with some of yours!