The Twitter profile pic. has become an integral part of an overall Twitter profile. These pics. take on many different shapes, looks, forms and fashions (The Good, The Bad & The Ugly). The diversity of Twitter pics. speaks to the diversity of folks in the Twittersphere. In a previous post titled “6 Ways To Make Your Twitter Profile Work”, I outlined a simple strategy to effectively leverage your overall profile.
The Twitter profile pic. can be broken down into 30 distinct looks. I’m sure there are more than 30; however in this post 30 will be the definitive number.
30 Types Of Twitter Profile Pics.
2. All Up In Your Face- This is the person whose Twitter profile pic. is extra, extra tight shot. This is the type of Twitter Profile Pic. that I use (@scottwilliams). I personally prefer the tight shot because no matter the application you use, the profile pic. is going to be very small.
3. The Rock Star- This is the person who has a microphone, stage, instrument, pulpit or podium somewhere in their profile pic. This person is saying, watch me do my thang.
The Bird The Egg- This is the person who either doesn’t know how or hasn’t taken the time to add a profile pic. This person is perfectly content with the standard un-hatched twitter bird also known as the egg.
5. The Model- This is the person who looks off into space and has a side-shot photo. The model means serious business when they strike their America’s Next Top Model super pose, they will even bust out a glamour shot pic.
6. Love Birds- This person is so in love that they cannot be separated from the love of their life. They can’t even be separated in their profile pic., singing “Just the two of us, we can make it if we try just the two of us… you and I.”
7. Too Cool For School- This person is so cool that they can get away with wearing their sunglasses at night. Not only do they wear their sunglasses at night, they represent their sunglasses in their profile pic.
8. Show Me The Money- This is the person that has pics. of money or dollar $igns in their profile pic. Many of the affiliate-network-guru-spammer type folks that claim you can make $5,000 a day roll with this pic.
9. Fantasy Island- is the person who would love to have the little guy named Tattoo from Fantasy Island be their spokesperson. They are enamored with their ink and represent their tattoos in their profile pic. If you are too young to know who Tattoo or Fantasy Island is, click here.
10. I’m Too Sexy For My Twitter- This is the person who takes the sexy strike-a-pose pic. for their Twitter profile. This person’s pic. is not quite inappropriate, but they are darn sure trying to be sexy. Their theme song is “I’m too sexy for my shirt… too sexy for my…”
12. The Porn Star- This is the inappropriate and many times down right vulgar spammer that we all wish would just go away. Sorry, I can’t give the Porn Star Love, so this profile pic. is from XXX Church.
13. Peta Tweeta- This is the person that loves their pet so much, the pet is front and center on their profile pic. It’s just kinda weird receiving a tweet, @reply, or DM from Scooby-Doo.
15. Logo No-Go- This person represents their logo instead of a pic. Often types this person has difficulty distinguishing between their personal brand and their logo brand. This featured profile pic. brand created my brand, so they’re all good.
16. The Animator- This is the annoying moving motion graphic profile pics. These profile pics. definitely stand out, although that’s not necessarily a good thing. I’m sorry but this polar bear eating his fish just cracks me up.
17. The Cartoonist- This person represents a cartoon looking avatar version of themselves.
18. The Little Guy- This person has used a full length pic. or one that is so far away that you can’t tell what or who they are. This person should invest in a zoom and take some tips from “All Up In Your Face.”
20. The Kid- This person allows their children the opportunity to be front and center in the profile pic. Sometimes the twitterer themselves are in the pic. with their kid(s) and other times it’s the kid(s) are all by themselves.
21. Weirdo- Some Twitter profile pics. can only be summed up by calling them weird. Weird is not necessarily a bad thing, just a weird thing. The profile pic featured here is my man @crazie_eddie, I mean the name Crazie Eddie puts him in the weirdo category. I happen to like Eddie, he retweets my posts on a regular basis. Everyone has some weirdos on their list, just scroll through your followers and you will find a weirdo. If you don’t find a weirdo by scrolling through your list, take a look at your personal profile pic. You may just be that weirdo.
22. The Half-Face- This person is a kissing cousin to “All Up In your Face” but they are so cool that they will only show you half of their face. I guess if your name is LeBron James, you can sport The Half-Face and you can even hold a 1hr. event to let everyone know about your decision to do so.
28. I’m Smarter Than You - The pondering and contemplative ruminations in this profile pic are enough to intimidate Albert Einstein. Hmm, I bet you wish you knew what I’m thinking, but you don’t. I know what you’re thinking!
30. I’m Not On That List- The person that says “This list is funny, but I’m nowhere on the list.” This ones for you! Feel free to insert your 30th Type of Profile Pic. in the comment section.
Where do you fall on the list? What’s missing? Share your thoughts on any of the Types Of Twitter Profile Pics. above or add additional to the list.