We have all worked for various types of leaders with various types of leadership gifts; however every once and awhile we get to work for that leader whom we would follow anywhere. One of the ultimate compliments an employee can pay to their leader is “I would work for you or follow you anywhere!” This doesn’t mean that it’s all about that leader, it simply means that particular employee was bought into how that leader carried the organizational vision and how that leader impacted them personally.
I have personally made that statement to a leader that I have worked for and have been humbled by having individuals that I have worked alongside pay me that same compliment. I have a hypothesis on the reasons why someone would make such a bold statement.
10 Reasons People Will Follow A Leader Anywhere:
- 1. They have a mind of their own, not a “Yes Man or Yes Woman.”
- 2. They always maintain a high degree of integrity.
- 3. They don’t have temper tantrums; yell, scream, cuss…
- 4. They truly care about their employees personally, what’s happening in their lives outside of the organization.
- 5. They are committed to developing and making every team member better. They maximize the gifts of their employees, don’t micro-manage and free-up their employees to soar. Under their tutelage employees are better leaders both personally and professionally.
- 6. They always let their employees know where they stand, no surprises.
- 7. They are willing to receive input and feedback from employees throughout the organizational chart.
- 8. They balance confidence and humility. Did I mention they are confident!
- 9. They can remain appropriately calm under pressure, under fire, under the gun…
- 10. They produce results and success; They’re Winners! Although they are successful they understand that their commitment to this world is beyond their role, beyond their degree, beyond their success… Their mark will truly be identified as someone who genuinely cared about people and made positive impacts in the lives of people.
It’s great to have leaders whose leadership impacts you positively enough that you would utter this phrase”I Will Follow That Leader Anywhere!”
Have you worked for that leader? Have you been that leader? Share your thoughts on this list or add additional points to this list.