#3. Top 11 Posts Of 2011 (From March 2011)
Nearly 8 months ago I made “The BIG Announcement” which was a little play off of LeBron James making the decision to leave Cleveland and head out to South Florida and Join the Miami Heat. My “BIG Announcement” wasn’t that I signed with the Miami Heat, it was that I had signed an awesome book publishing deal with New Leaf Publishing Group, to publish my book Church Diversity – Sunday The Most Segregated Day Of The Week. It releases in April, you can check out the trailer for the book here.
It was about nine years ago that my wife and I walked through the doors of this new church that some friends had invited us to. This church was much different than the churches that we had grown up in and the one that we were currently attending. This new church had rock n’ roll type of music, no choir, no gospel music and for the most part we were one of only a few minority families. We began to like everything about this church and God was speaking to our family in an new and fresh way. That church was LifeChurch.tv, I think it was actually Life Covenant Church at that time. We are much cooler now. 🙂
Although we loved our new church, we had this nagging question. What is the heart and passion of this church as it relates to diversity? As we didn’t see many other minorities. I remember having lunch with Pastor Craig 9 years ago and I asked him that exact question, “Where is your heart as it relates to diversity?” His response was, “I have a heart for diversity, will you help me.” Fast forward 4 years of my family serving, connecting and loving LifeChurch.tv. Fast forward another 5 years and I had the opportunity to lead and be a part of a team that launched, grew and developed a campus that truly embraced diversity. Our staff was diverse, our worship team/platform was diverse, our congregation was diverse, we served a diverse community and a diverse group of people were surrendering their lives to Christ. Diversity matters to God, the local church is the hope of the world, We Are Church Diversity!
Today I’m making another “BIG Announcement” to the BigIsTheNewSmall.com community. After nearly 9 years of being a part of LifeChurch.tv and five years of serving as the NW Oklahoma City Campus Pastor, my family and I have decided to move to a new season of ministry. This new season was prompted by God’s calling on my life to share His message of Church Diversity with the global church. With the full blessing of LifeChurch.tv leadership, we have openly and bitter-sweetly accepted this new season.
- I absolutely love what God is doing at LifeChurch.tv.
- My family is better because of Pastor Craig’s leadership.
- The 5 years I served at the NW Oklahoma City Campus have been some of the best years of my life and I truly love, like and would go on vacation with every person that’s ever been a part of the n-dub staff. I can’t even express how great it has been to be a part of such an amazing team, campus and community. Thousands of lives have been changed at the n-dub since the doors first opened.
- I have already made this announcement to the congregation, but my last official weekend will be this weekend.
- I truly believe that the best years for my family and the n-dub have yet to some.
What will I be doing? Where will I be going?
- My family and I will stay right here. (Edmond, OK)
- I have launched a consulting company and will be providing consulting to churches, non-profits, businesses and governmental agencies. We will focus on organizational growth both internally and externally. (Strategy, Leadership Development, New Media & Diversity)
- I will be traveling, speaking and promoting God’s message of diversity in the church.
- I will be doing some work for Outreach Magazine over at ChurchLeaders.com.
- I will be scheduling a select number of weekend preaching dates.
- I will be spending some QT with my family.
- We will be making plans that will allow my wife to be a (SAHM) Stay At Home Mom.
I am really looking forward to this new season of dreaming BIG and thinking BIGGER. All of the doors that are being opened, could only be opened by God, He is definitely doing the orchestrating and we are being obedient!
The best days have yet to come… dream BIG. think BIGGER.
“For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” ~African Proverb