What if Rick Warren Had A Leadership Academy? Well He does… Well maybe not exactly Rick Warren, but even better… the collective sum of The Saddleback Team. There are tons of Ministry Leadership Academy’s, Internship Programs and Lengthy Ministry growth opportunities all around the world. Of all of the programs that I’m personally aware of, I don’t know that I have ever seen anything as comprehensive and hands-on as Saddleback’s Leadership Academy. Here are some quick 7 Quick Thoughts About Saddleback’s Leadership Academy:
- 1. Saddleback is developing ministry leaders. You don’t have to be seminary grads- people from all majors, all schools, and careers are key to building a pool large enough to plant the number of churches the world needs. They aren’t limiting the pool of leaders to only seminary grads.
- 2. Saddleback prepares leaders by letting them lead.
- 3. Saddleback is preparing Church planters, multi-site campus pastors, and ministry leaders through 1yr programs.
- 4. Academy participants learn from Saddleback pastors, staff and learn in the following areas: Adult Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, Student Ministry Worship, Adult Worship Arts & Church Administration.
- 5. There is always the intangibles of Southern California and Orange County.
- 6. The resources, scale, pace, credibility, culture, methods, strategies, and effectiveness of Saddleback Church
- 7. An awesome place to live – “The Ranch.”
I could go on and on with a lengthy post about the Academy; however Saddleback has put together a very detailed and descriptive program for you to read through. I encourage you to take a look at all of the different areas, it might be an excellent opportunity for you, your friends or family. Be sure to check out the different type of program areas: LAUNCH, ELEVATE, ACCELERATE, & DISCOVER.
- Rick Warren– Purpose Driven Church and Purpose Driven Life
- Kay Warren– Say Yes To God
- Tom Holladay– The Relationship Principles of Jesus
- Geoff Surratt– Multi-Site Church Revolution
- John Baker– Life’s Healing Choices
- Steve Gladden– Small Groups With Purpose
- Rick Muchow– The Worship Answer Book
- Kurt Johnston– Middle School Ministry Made Simple
- Josh Griffin– 99 Thoughts for Youth Workers