I have been to many leadership conferences and Catalyst is by far one of my favorites. It’s only a couple of weeks away, (Oct. 5-7) in the ATL. Here are 10 Simple Things That Makes The Catalyst Conference Great.
- 1. The BIGness – There is something refreshing and inspiring to see 12,000+ leaders from around the country pile into Gwinnett Center ready to be inspired, challenged, encouraged and changed.
- 2. The Hype – Catalyst is a hype machine, if you can’t attend you will still follow the discussions and read the notes of the various talks. The #CAT11 Twitter stream and The Catalyst Hype Machine go hand- in-hand.
- 3. The Speakers – Seriously where else can you get Andy Stanley, Dave Ramsey, Mark Driscoll, Francis Chan and one of my favorites Cornell West all on on the same stage and all for one single admission price.
- 4. The Entertainment – Where else can you see a guy break a Guiness Book Of World Record by jumping 3 Stories from 35 feet 9 inches in the air into a kiddie pool with 11 inches of water or a man shot out of a canon right before Bishop TD Jakes goes up to speak. Catalyst is just down right fun!
- 5. The History – This conference is filled with many years of history and memories. Catalyst has experienced the longest successful run of any major Christian Conference in recent history.
- 6. The Connections – Catalyst is a great place to make connection with ministry leaders from every nook and cranny you can imagine. Catalyst is a social media playground, as you are able to make first time and continued connections with your blogging, Twitter and Facebook friends.
- 7. The Unexpected – You can always expect the unexpected. The unexpected will show up in the form of an emotional moment, a speaker not meeting expectations, a speaker making some uncomfortably bold statements, a rising star being born and the list goes on and on. Expect The Unexpected!
- 8. The Traffic – Catalyst wouldn’t be Catalyst without attenders being stuck in Atlanta Parking lot they call a highway. You can try to beat it, but 9 out of 10 times you will come out on the losing side of the traffic battle. It’s just part of the experience.
- 9. The Teaching– The teaching is always second to none and you are guaranteed to walk away with some new tools for your life and leadership toolbox. You will learn or your money back. I’m not sure about the money back guarantee, but I would be willing to bet not many people would request a refund.
- 10. The God Moments – There will always be those moments where you will find yourself day-dreaming about the BIGness of God. It’s awesome to watch God orchestrate the collective hearts of 12,000 people in a room. You will experience those God-Sized whispers challenging you to dream BIG. think BIGGER.
What Makes Catalyst Great? Share your thoughts and experiences on the Catalyst Conference?