Here are 15 Simple Ways That Twitter Can Make You A Better Leader, all in 140 or less.
- 1. I Want Access– You have access to the thoughts, lives, principles & activities of some of the best leaders and leadership authors in the world.
- 2. Let’s Be Open- Allowing those that U work for, w/ or may potentially work with in the future to take a more open look at your life. The Other Side Of You!
- 3. Think Before You Act– Forces U 2 think before U tweet realizing that everything U tweet is permanent; all leadership decision R permanent at least 4 that moment.
- 4. Keep It Pithy- U have 2 get straight 2 the point, 140 or less. Streamline yr thoughts, say what’s necessary, make it meaningful & Realize yr words matter!
- 5. What’s The 411- There is an abundance of relevant information at your fingertips, current events, tech., trends, culture, scripture, product, research…
- 6. You’re Not My Boss– You have to learn how to lead and connect in an environment where people are not forced to follow or connect… Why should I listen to you?
- 7. Don’t Be A Phony- Authenticity is critical for a leader! People smell a phony a mile away. Be Real, Be yourself. “Do You, It’s a Statement… Not a Question!”
- 8. Development is about others- You have the ability to encourage, inspire, help, shape, lead & develop others. Make your
- 9. Influence is Earned- You must earn your influence on Twitter & leadership is the same way. It’s about what you get, it’s about what you give.
- 10. Two Way Street- Open comm. & feedback between leaders & followers is must for gr8 leaders. Be open to feedback, comm. & criticism frm Twitter followers.
- 11. Style Matters- Watching, listening & learning from individual’s communication style & tone is key. Do u come off as a jerk, cool, nice, respectable…
- 12. Understanding Influence- You quickly understand that influence isn;t simply about a position or role but rather what you offer your tribe.
- 13. Change Is Important- You are able to see how things are changing daily, twitter went from being a “fad” to everyone using a twitter handle.
- 14. Information Is King- You see the importance of information, twitter is so popular because it’s an information source. Do you have info?
- 15. Relationship Matter- Relationships Mater, Connections Matter, Leadership is All About Relationships…
Share your thoughts on this list of 15 or add additional to the list… in 140 or less!