Lists, Lists, Lists… I really don’t really care for list posts; however they are easy to follow, easy to digest and easy to remember. That’s why I keep writing them and you keep reading them all across the interwebs. The reality is maybe I really do like list posts – who knows?
There is one thing that I do like and that’s doing the work I love and you should to. I love spending time with family, sharing the Gospel, strategizing, connecting, thinking, dreaming, leading, challenging and helping others win.
10 Reasons You Need To Be Doing What You Love
- 1. It’s what you love… duh.
- 2. Life is too short to be wasting time doing work that you don’t even like.
- 3. If you are sharp enough to rise to a leadership role for an organization you are not particularly fond of, you’re definitely sharp enough to successfully do something you love.
- 4. It’s easier to wake up in the morning, when you’re waking up to do what you love.
- 5. You are consistently motivated by an inner desire to do what you love and the success of it all is simply a nice bonus.
- 6. Your dreams can be centered around what you love instead of dreaming about how to get out of a situation that you don’t like.
- 7. You only live once on this earth. ((repeat))
- 8. If you find yourself in what you perceive as mediocre work situation – you don’t have much to loose, pursue the work you love.
- 9. If you don’t feel that you can leave the financial security, ask yourself “Will the money be the most important piece of my life puzzle 5-10-15 years from now?” Better yet talk to someone in the “Car Business” that chased the dollar their entire life.
- 10. There is a reason something you love is burning deep down inside of you – it’s because it’s what you were created to do.
There are some great lyrics and encouragement for those contemplating, desiring or thinking about pursuing the work they love found in hip hop artist Emimen’s song “Lose Yourself.”
If you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
You can do anything you set your mind to. ~Eminem
Maybe it’s time that you “Lose Yourself” or better yet, it’s time that you find yourself, it’s time that you do what you love and love what you do.
Why are people so scared or unwilling to do the work they love? Share your thoughts and experiences on this subject and these 10 reasons.