JD Greear – Pastor Summit Church, in Raleigh-Durham @jdgreear
JD Stepped on stage and grabbed the crowd’s attention instantly. Great communicator, flows like a talented rapper.
- If your church died will the people in your community weep?
- Instead of “Lets build a big church.” We asked, God let us bless/equip our people to build a great city.
- Sending has 2 become less abt ur name and the size of your church. It has to be abt God and the kingdom.
- Do what you do well for the glory of God and do somewhere strategic for the mission of God.
- Church growth is not nearly as important as growing the people inside of the church.
- If you life was a party, who would it be thrown for? Is it to build your kingdom or is it to build God’s?
- It’s not a matter of if God’s calling you… it’s a matter of what God’s calling you to.
- Stop trying to find God’s call… it’s not lost.
- The church shouldn’t be about surrounding the leader… the church should be a leadership factory.
- Growing the church, has us overlooking the fact that our business leaders can get the Gospel in places we cant dream of.
- 70% of those in the UK said they have no intention of every attending a church service.
- Churches are growing by fighting over larger pieces of a shrinking pie… We need to grow the pie.
- Church :: The week is more important than the weekend. Empower people and send them out.
- The best ministry ideas are found in the congregation and not in the church offices.
- Pushing out leaders, creates more leaders.
- Leaders are attracted to places where they can grow as leaders… Be all they can be.
- Give away your money and God multiplies it… Give away and send out leaders and He will multiply leaders.
- Success shouldn’t be about “seating capacity” it should be about “sending capacity.”
- Jesus can do more with 5 loaves and 2 fish in 5 minutes than Bill Gates can do in a lifetime.
- 1) Everyone is called 2) We have to empower our people to become leaders
- 3) Have the courage to send people out. 4) Motivation for mission comes from the Gospel
- The death of 1 is a tragedy, the death of 1 million is a statistic. ~Joseph Stalin via ~
@jdgreear #rn12 (1 makes it real)
- When the gospel grips ur heart sending becomes as natural as a rose bush, it just comes out of who u are.
- Church Leader, Preach The Gospel – Business Leaders, Embrace The Gospel. Together we’ll see the harvest.
JD did a splendid job of challenging us to send out leaders, to engage the business community, to make a difference and understand our responsibility of making disciples. I thought I talked fast… Uhh Not so fast my friend, JD was flowing like an auctioneer of the Good News. Great, powerful message.