This past Friday, my father-in-law came into town and we decided to have a fellas afternoon out. It consisted of lunch and a matinee viewing of Fast and Furious 6. This movie won’t disappoint moviegoers as it’s fast-paced, action-packed, adrenaline rushing, with a great plot and some moments that will make you jump along the way.
Fast and Furious 6 has a stronger moral message than its predecessors. Don’t get me wrong this movie is no G-Rated production; however it does hold true to it’s PG-13 rating some language, bikinis and violence. Outside of some unrealistic moments, which are to be expected Fast and Furious 6 was a great movie with some great lessons. Below are 6 Life Lessons From Fast and Furious 6.
6 Life Lessons From Fast and Furious 6
- 1. You Don’t Turn Your Back On Family – This was an early quote from Torreto that really set the tone for the entire movie. Good, Bad or Ugly… family is family, don’t turn your back on them. Remember: Some friends are as much family as your biological family
- 2. If You Want To Hunt Wolves You Must Have Wolves – This may not be a direct and accurate quote from Torreto; however it was something to that affect. The bottom line is sometimes you have to have the rough and tough to catch the rough and tough, a killer instinct to catch a killer instinct, a former lost person to reach the lost, someone who has been there and done that to help someone that is there and is doing that.
- 3. We All Have A Weak Spot – This quote from Shaw illustrates that we all have a weak spot, no matter how good we are, how tough we are, how great we are… we all have a weak spot and we all have room for improvement.
- 4. There Is Never “Nothing,” there is always “Something” – This quote from Luke Hobbs (aka The Rock) illustrates that there is always something happening. Sometimes we can’t see it, smell it, hear it or even feel it happening, but something is happening. In the quietest of moments something is happening. When you think nothing is going on, remember something is going on. When you think that nothing is working, remember something is working. When you think nothing is going your way, remember something is about to breakthrough.
- 5. No One Makes Me Do Anything, I Do What I Want To Do – This quote by “Letty” has a powerful and truthful message. There is power in embracing that you are responsible for your own actions and decisions. Often times people try to put the blame on everyone else instead of looking in the mirror. You will often hear comments like “The devil or so and so made me do it.” Stop giving the devil and “so and so” so much credit and take responsibility. No one makes you do anything; you do what you want to.
- 6. Thank God For Family – This was a really nice moment was at the end of the movie when the crew was gathered together at a modest old house in Los Angeles sitting around the table holding hands and about to say grace before their meal. One of the first words out of Roman’s mouth was Thank God For Family. He went on to say thanks for fast cars. This moment is a great reminder that no matter how much we thank God; we still have not thanked Him enough.
Just as in life if you want to find some great lessons from Fast and Furious 6, all you have to do is look, they are right there on the big screen. The movie is a fast and furious ride on the streets of life. The journey gives us some insight as to the importance of family, the virtue of loyalty, the value of life, the ideal of putting others before yourself and the understanding that fighting for something greater than yourself is awesome.