- 1. Family– As you read all the tweets about 4th of July family picnics, outings, events… it might be just the encouragement that you need to do something with your family. If you are already hangin’ with your family and see tweets in your timeline about people wishing they were with their family; you will be reminded how valuable family time is.
- 2. Food– Let’s be honest you are going to read more tweets and see more Instagram videos and pics about burgers, brats, hot-dogs, steaks, charcoal, baked-beans, polish sausage, hot-links, chicken… in the next 24 hours then you will in the next year. If you’re a guy, your competitive spirit will have you whipping up your secret recipes and throwing something on the grill. As a matter of fact, I’m willing to bet 50% of the Pics and Instagram shots will be taken of some form of grilled meat and the remaining pics will be family and fireworks.
- 3. Fun- It doesn’t get much more fun than the 4th of July. The kids love it, you love it, people sitting at home doing nothing but watching the festivities on television love it and the people in the TwitterSphere love it even more, because they get to share their 4th of July fun with all their Social Media friends. These exuberant Tweets of fun might just inspire you to get up start Crumping, Twerking, Doing The Harlem Shake, The Dougie, The Jerk, The 2-Step, The Stanky Legg, The Gngnam Style, The Chicken Noodle Soup, The Electric Slide or Cha-Cha Slide or The Single Lady right where you are.
- 4. Fireworks- This is one of the key ingredients of this huge patriotic celebration, as the culmination is blowing stuff up or an awesome fireworks display. People will find themselves doing one of three things when darkness strikes their neck of the woods: 1. Shooting Fireworks 2. Watching fireworks displays live 3. Watching fireworks displays on television. No matter which of the three describes an individual’s situation, the end result will be Instagrams, Videos and Pics of fireworks filling up the Twitter streams. Not only do you get to share pics of your fireworks display, you can follow and re-tweet your favorite friends and celebrities that you follow. I’m sure many people will be tweeting something about or downloading something from Jay Z’s #MagnaCartaHolyGrail album or #JustinTimberlake or maybe mention something about the Statue Of Liberty which officially re-opened. They have all been the top Trends on Twitter this 4th of July.
- 5. Freedom- As we celebrate the Declaration Of Independence, we must always remember that Freedom Is Never FREE. Be sure to send a tweet thanking the men and women of The United States Armed Forces (Past & Present) who fight to protect our freedom.
What will your 4th of July Festivities look like? Will twitter find it’s way into your 4th of July?