The trailer above is just a short clip of the comedy special that my man @MichaelJrComedy filmed at Gateway Church. Let me first say this, Michael, last name Jr. is a friend of mine, he’s the real deal, a great man of God and he just happens to be hilarious. Secondly, let me say that his comedy makes my entire family laugh, my kids were 8 and 12 when they saw him for the 1st time and not only were they cracking up but the content was perfect for them.
That’s what makes him so great is his unique ability to connect with the entire family, any race, any background, any situation and make them laugh, all while keeping it clean. Recently my 5th grade son Jayden was telling me about an interaction that he had with a girl that he has a mutual liking with at school, He said “She looked at me and gave me the lizard look face.” LOL If you don’t know what the “Lizard Look Face” is, you will have to get a copy of Michael Jr’s “Laughing On Purpose” DVD Special.
MichaelJr’s “Laughing On Purpose” DVD is rightfully titled, because it’s comedy with a purpose. The major bonus to anything that MichaelJr does is the fact that there is always a message, a purpose and something meaningful to walk away with. MichaelJr has a comedic gift and he freely gives it away to people in homeless shelters, prisons, youth facilities and countless under-served groups.
“A gift isn’t a gift until you give it away.” ~@MichaelJrComedy
With multiple appearances on late night television, such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Comedy Central, Willow Creek Leadership Sumit, Bishop TD Jakes MegaFest and almost every large comedian church or event in the country, my man Michael Jr. has definitely made a name for himself. His family-focused, laid-back style is pure comic genius, and “Laughing On Purpose” first solo comedy special on DVD.
“Laughing On Purpose” is an outstanding comedy concert was filmed at Gateway Church in Southlake, TX. Michael’s brilliant comedy is matched by high production values, with a project that was filmed in an excellent venue with a warmly appreciative, engaged audience. It’s now available for purchase at Wal-Mart. (that’s when you know that you are big-time) If you buy it at Wal-Mart go through the self-checkout line because those other lines are way too long. (Wal-Mart hire some more cashiers, now, please)
WIN A FREE COPY OF “LAUGHING ON PURPOSE”
I have 3 Copies of “Laughing on Purpose” that I will be giving away randomly and winning is very simple, as a matter of fact it’s as easy as 1-2-3:
Winning is easy as 1 – 2 – 3
- 1. Follow @MichaelJrComedy on Twitter (If you are already following him, thanks for being an over-achiever)
- 2. Go to @MichaelJrComedy’s Facebook page here and like it. (If you already like his page, thanks you’re an over-achiever
- 3. Re-Tweet my tweet about winning a copy of the “Laughing On Purpose” DVD (BTW- I’m @scottwilliams). Here is the tweet to copy and paste, or you can simply find @scottwilliams on twitter and re-tweet it. “Win A FREE Copy of @MichaelJrComedy’s “Laughing On Purpose” DVD http://bitn.us/MjrLaugh (you can add a little flavor to your tweet, or re-tweet just make sure I’m copied and it has the above info.)
- Note: Winners will be selected from random tweets and those who complete steps 1-2-3
Thanks and if you don’t win go buy it at Wal-Mart, good luck on finding a short check-out line.
- 1. Family– As you read all the tweets about 4th of July family picnics, outings, events… it might be just the encouragement that you need to do something with your family. If you are already hangin’ with your family and see tweets in your timeline about people wishing they were with their family; you will be reminded how valuable family time is.
- 2. Food– Let’s be honest you are going to read more tweets and see more Instagram videos and pics about burgers, brats, hot-dogs, steaks, charcoal, baked-beans, polish sausage, hot-links, chicken… in the next 24 hours then you will in the next year. If you’re a guy, your competitive spirit will have you whipping up your secret recipes and throwing something on the grill. As a matter of fact, I’m willing to bet 50% of the Pics and Instagram shots will be taken of some form of grilled meat and the remaining pics will be family and fireworks.
- 3. Fun- It doesn’t get much more fun than the 4th of July. The kids love it, you love it, people sitting at home doing nothing but watching the festivities on television love it and the people in the TwitterSphere love it even more, because they get to share their 4th of July fun with all their Social Media friends. These exuberant Tweets of fun might just inspire you to get up start Crumping, Twerking, Doing The Harlem Shake, The Dougie, The Jerk, The 2-Step, The Stanky Legg, The Gngnam Style, The Chicken Noodle Soup, The Electric Slide or Cha-Cha Slide or The Single Lady right where you are.
- 4. Fireworks- This is one of the key ingredients of this huge patriotic celebration, as the culmination is blowing stuff up or an awesome fireworks display. People will find themselves doing one of three things when darkness strikes their neck of the woods: 1. Shooting Fireworks 2. Watching fireworks displays live 3. Watching fireworks displays on television. No matter which of the three describes an individual’s situation, the end result will be Instagrams, Videos and Pics of fireworks filling up the Twitter streams. Not only do you get to share pics of your fireworks display, you can follow and re-tweet your favorite friends and celebrities that you follow. I’m sure many people will be tweeting something about or downloading something from Jay Z’s #MagnaCartaHolyGrail album or #JustinTimberlake or maybe mention something about the Statue Of Liberty which officially re-opened. They have all been the top Trends on Twitter this 4th of July.
- 5. Freedom- As we celebrate the Declaration Of Independence, we must always remember that Freedom Is Never FREE. Be sure to send a tweet thanking the men and women of The United States Armed Forces (Past & Present) who fight to protect our freedom.
What will your 4th of July Festivities look like? Will twitter find it’s way into your 4th of July?
The phrase “The best thing since sliced bread” and other variations are commonly used hyperbolic means of praising an invention or innovation. Sliced bread is the arbitrary benchmark against which later innovations should be judged.
The history of the bread slicer dates back to 1912 when Otto Fredrick Rohwedder invented the first loaf-at-a-time bread slicing machine. This original prototype burned down in a fire and it wasn’t until 1928 that Rohwedder had a fully operational commercial machine. The popular use of “the best thing since…” phrase comes from the fact that Wonder Bread, the first mass-marketer of sliced bread as a product, launched a 1930s ad campaign touting the innovation.
5 Reasons Why Twitter Is The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
- 1. The Bread Slicer Made The Loaf Into Smaller Pieces — Twitter Has Made The World Into Smaller Pieces: The world is becoming smaller and smaller one tweet at a time. It is easy to access, learn from and connect people all around the world. You will even see tweets being re-tweeted in a language different than it originated. Twitter has made our local communities and the world abroad much smaller; in this instance smaller is definitely better. Big Is The New Small.
- 2. The Bread Slicer Broke Bread Into Slices — Twitter Is Allowing Christians and Faith-based Communities To Break Bread On-line: Through Twitter Christians and people of faith are able to break bread and share their faith in an on-line world. This really promotes the cause of “going into all the world” and sharing The Gospel. All the world includes the on-line world as well.
- 3. The Bread Slicer Created Exponential Uses For Bread –– Twitter Has Created Exponential Uses For Micro-blogging: The uses for Twitter are endless. People are staying connected, businesses are using it as an effective advertising tool, got ?’s the Twitter world has answers, breaking news, technology updates, stock info., trends, networking, research… and these uses go on and on like the Energizer Bunny. Speaking of the Energizer Bunny, I haven’t seen him around in awhile, maybe it’s because Energizer Battery Co. now has the @energizer bunny.
- 4. The Innovation Bread Slicer Allowed Bread To Be Mass Marketed — The innovation of Twitter has allowed it to become the ultimate mass marketing source of information: Twitter Co-Founder Evan Williams accurately calls his innovation a “practically priceless exchange for connections and information.”
- 5. Sliced Bread Will Never Go Away — Twitter Is Here To Stay!
I could share a number of more reasons Why Twitter Is The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread; however I think you get the picture. There are many new innovations that are coming out daily, although in my opinion Twitter is going to be at the top of the list for quite some time. Maybe Twitter is the new innovation benchmark and people will begin to use the phrase, “The Best Thing Since Twitter!”
What do you think? Is Twitter the best thing since sliced bread? Why or Why Not?
The days of thinking Twitter is a fad are long gone. Twitter is definitely here to stay and the fact that you can’t turn on the television, radio, or go online without seeing a Twitter handle being promoted is added conformation.
Your Twitter handle is more important than your Facebook address and sometimes more important than your website. That’s why you see all of the local and national radio, news and television personalities promote their twitter handle. It’s a “Big Deal” for individuals and businesses. As a matter of fact more Global Fortune 100 Companies use Twitter than Facebook. Twitter is easy, engaging, allows opportunities to connect, reveals personality and it just matters.
I say promote your Twitter handle anywhere and everywhere it makes sense:
- On your website
- On your book
- Verbally in introduction before you speak
- On your YouTube videos
- On your business cards, letterhead and stationery
- On your receipts
- On your bags (businesses that issue shopping bags to customers)
- On your name tag at a conference or social
- In your bio.
- Email signature
- Anywhere and everywhere your real name shows up in front of groups of people: lower-thirds, powerpoint, keynote…
This list of how you can promote your Twitter handle is endless. It’s important to realize that Twitter gives people the opportunity to see snippets of how you or your business engage with the world, prior to them making a decision of whether or not to engage with you.
Over three years ago, I had written a very popular post for TwiTip.com on how you should choose your Twitter handle, why you should use your real name and why it matters. Although I had written the post several years ago, it’s still applicable today. Check it out – 10 Reasons To Use Use Your Real Name As Your Twitter @Name.
What are some creative ways that you’ve seen people or businesses promote their Twitter handle? How do you promote yours? Add to the list!
Here are 15 Simple Ways That Twitter Can Make You A Better Leader, all in 140 or less.
- 1. I Want Access– You have access to the thoughts, lives, principles & activities of some of the best leaders and leadership authors in the world.
- 2. Let’s Be Open- Allowing those that U work for, w/ or may potentially work with in the future to take a more open look at your life. The Other Side Of You!
- 3. Think Before You Act– Forces U 2 think before U tweet realizing that everything U tweet is permanent; all leadership decision R permanent at least 4 that moment.
- 4. Keep It Pithy- U have 2 get straight 2 the point, 140 or less. Streamline yr thoughts, say what’s necessary, make it meaningful & Realize yr words matter!
- 5. What’s The 411- There is an abundance of relevant information at your fingertips, current events, tech., trends, culture, scripture, product, research…
- 6. You’re Not My Boss– You have to learn how to lead and connect in an environment where people are not forced to follow or connect… Why should I listen to you?
- 7. Don’t Be A Phony- Authenticity is critical for a leader! People smell a phony a mile away. Be Real, Be yourself. “Do You, It’s a Statement… Not a Question!”
- 8. Development is about others- You have the ability to encourage, inspire, help, shape, lead & develop others. Make your
- 9. Influence is Earned- You must earn your influence on Twitter & leadership is the same way. It’s about what you get, it’s about what you give.
- 10. Two Way Street- Open comm. & feedback between leaders & followers is must for gr8 leaders. Be open to feedback, comm. & criticism frm Twitter followers.
- 11. Style Matters- Watching, listening & learning from individual’s communication style & tone is key. Do u come off as a jerk, cool, nice, respectable…
- 12. Understanding Influence- You quickly understand that influence isn;t simply about a position or role but rather what you offer your tribe.
- 13. Change Is Important- You are able to see how things are changing daily, twitter went from being a “fad” to everyone using a twitter handle.
- 14. Information Is King- You see the importance of information, twitter is so popular because it’s an information source. Do you have info?
- 15. Relationship Matter- Relationships Mater, Connections Matter, Leadership is All About Relationships…
Share your thoughts on this list of 15 or add additional to the list… in 140 or less!
For those of you who are at-least 30 years of age, you probably have heard of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Those under 30 may or may not have heard of this organization. There are BBB’s all around the country that gather and report information on business reliability, alert the public to frauds against consumers and businesses, provide information on ethical business practices, and act as mutually trusted intermediaries between consumers and businesses to resolve disputes.
When I was growing up, I would hear people use the threat of, “I’m going to report you to the Better Business Bureau” if a company or business was doing something shady or provided horrendous customer service. I remember using it as a college student and over the years I began to notice that the threat of reporting something to the Better Business Bureau appeared to have less and less sting.
Consumers moved to the: “I’m going to email the corporate headquarters” of an organization. They would simply send enough emails to make sure someone at the top hears their complaint. The e-mail route became the most effective and efficient way for consumers to share their complaints.
The consumer complaint system has moved from the BBB to E-Mail to the current complaint and praise method we have come to know as Social Media. If consumers have complaints they will simply blog about it, tweet about or post it to their Facebook page. Often times these complaints will occur while the consumer is still inside the business or when the hit the parking lot. The bad thing for businesses is the fact that those complaints don’t go away and as matter of fact they have a lasting impression and potential to go viral.
Consumers are talking about the good, bad and ugly of businesses or brands. Not only are they talking but their friends and followers are listening. Research shows that 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations, compared to only 14% trust advertisements.
This new reality makes it paramount for businesses to have a Social Media presence and a knowledgeable person handling their Social Brand. Read this post for my thoughts about Businesses Without A Social Media Presence.
Social Media Is The New Better Business Bureau.
Do you share your complaints about businesses or brands via Social Media? Share your thoughts on Social Media Being The New Better Business Bureau.