Everyone in the state of Oklahoma has been patiently waiting on this fierce snow storm that everyone is calling #Snowmageddon. The meteorologist were able to convince the entire state to shut down before one drop of snow had fallen out of the the sky last night. All state offices and schools in the Oklahoma City area were closed.
It is very cold (wind chills -18 degrees) and the snow is still falling as #Snowmageddon arrived overnight.
Are you experiencing #Snowmageddon in your area? Do the schools and state offices in your area close because of snow or the anticipation of snow?
Here are some news stories that have my attention, my thoughts in parenthesis:
- Starbucks is closing 600 stores across the U.S.: (They use to build them on every corner, 12,000 employees will be affected… Phenomenon’s don’t last forever)
- J.C. Watts says “Don’t count my vote for McCain” : (I consider J.C. a friend and he could have been the front-runner for the Republican Presidential Nominee, this is raising eyebrows around the country)
- The Seattle Super Sonics are moving to Oklahoma City : (We had season tickets to the Hornets and will have season tickets for our new permanent NBA Team, this is huge for Oklahoma City)
- Hancock might not be a hit : (I am always looking forward to a good Will Smith movie; however Hancock is receiving mediocre reviews, I will have to go check it out for myself)
- Watermelon yields Viagra-like effects : (I just couldn’t resist; especially with the 4th of July being tomorrow… I thought I would share some news you can use)
Any thoughts on any of these stories? Any other news that has your attention?